Treating urinary tract infections with honey is one of the things that many people ask about, as urinary tract infections are one of the most common diseases that affect the urinary system, causing many symptoms. And the most important symptoms, causes, and how to treat them in detail.
What is a urinary tract infection?
Urinary tract infection is one of the most common diseases that affect the urinary system in the human body, as the urinary system in the human body consists of a group of different organs such as the kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra, and urinary tract infections often occur as a result of bacterial infection, as bacteria, in general, do not live Within the urinary tract or urinary system, while sometimes these bacteria may enter the urinary system, and cause infection, which leads to the emergence of some symptoms, and this disease affects both men and women, but the rate of infection of women is more than men, due to the shortness of the urethra It is also straight in women; Which causes infection, and urinary tract infection can affect any part of the urinary system, including the kidneys; Which leads to many complications and serious problems, and there are many different ways in which this infection can be treated, such as the use of antibiotics or the use of some.
Urinary tract infection causes and risk factors
There are many different causes and risk factors that lead to urinary tract infections, the most important of which are the following:
Infection with a type of bacterial infection, where this inflammation can result from infection with Escherichia coli, which can enter the body of the infected person from outside, reach the organs of the urinary system and infect them with inflammation.
Female sex, as women are more likely to contract this type of infection than men because their urethra is short, which causes easy entry of bacteria.
Aging, as older people are more likely to suffer from this problem as a result of bladder and urination problems.
Genetic factors, as having a family history of urinary tract infections increases the chance of infection.
Urinary tract abnormalities.
prolonged urinary retention; Which leads to its return again and may be loaded with bacteria and toxins.
Hormonal changes such as those that occur after menopause.
Enlarged prostate or infections in men.
Having some different diseases such as immunodeficiency diseases or diabetes, as well as chronic constipation.
Suffering from some diseases transmitted through intimate relationship, such as gonorrhea, chlamydia and others.
Having some psychological problems such as stress, anxiety and depression.
Sexual activity: Some studies and research have shown that sexually active people are more likely to have a urinary tract infection than others.
Urinary tract obstruction due to kidney stones or an enlarged prostate.
Use of chemicals, such as those found in soaps, vaginal washes, and intimate care products.
Undergo some types of treatment such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy for cancer.
Prolonged use of urinary catheters.
Urinary tract infection symptoms
There are some important symptoms and signs that a person may suffer and indicate that he has a urinary tract infection, but it is not necessary for a person to feel all these symptoms, as he may feel some of them only. The most important of these symptoms and signs are as follows:
- An urgent and constant need to urinate, even if only a short time has passed before the previous urination.
- Feeling of burning and pain when urinating.
- Feeling pain during intercourse.
- Urinating only small amounts of urine despite an intense need to urinate.
- turbid color of urine;
- Having a strong odor of urine.
- Feeling pain in the pelvic area, especially in women, where women feel pain in the pelvic area that extends to the pubic bones.
- Pain in the back or buttocks area.
- The appearance of blood in the urine or turning its color to pink or red, as well as to the color of cola.
- High body temperature and chills.
- Feeling of pressure in the abdomen.
- Urinary incontinence or inability to control urination.
Urinary tract infection complications
Sometimes the infection in the urinary tract may be simple and the problem is solved by taking medications, but in some cases, it may be compounded and this infection leads to a group of complications, the most important of which are the following:
Repeated infection or inflammation of the urinary tract more than once, negatively affects the health of the person’s urinary system.
Pregnant women are at risk if they are exposed to a urinary tract infection as this may lead to premature or low birth weight babies as well as premature birth.
Urethral strictures problem in men as a result of repeated infection with urethral infections, which leads to complications.
Kidney damage in the body as a result of untreated urinary tract infections can lead to acute or chronic kidney damage.
The infection reaches other areas of the body, which leads to many serious and life-threatening complications.
Treatment of urinary tract infection with honey
White honey is one of the most important natural substances that contain a large number of important substances that help treat a large number of diseases and help prevent some of them, and honey contains a number of substances that have antibacterial activity, which makes honey used in the treatment of urinary tract infections. There are many important and different factors that make honey have anti-bacterial activity, such as the high sugar level, which hinders the growth and reproduction of bacteria, thus eliminating inflammation in the urinary system, and therefore honey can replace antibiotics in many cases, and the anti-bacterial effect The bacteria present in honey includes more than 60 types of bacteria, such as aerobic and anaerobic bacteria, as well as Gram-positive and negative bacteria and other types.
How to use honey to treat urinary tract infections
There is more than one way through which honey can be used in order to treat the problem of urinary tract infection. There is no specific way to use honey. The most important and most famous of these methods are the following:
- You can eat a spoonful of white honey on an empty stomach every day when you wake up, as this helps cleanse the body of toxins or waste, as well as the factors that cause inflammation.
- Honey can be eaten by adding it to a hot cinnamon drink, as both honey and cinnamon help cleanse the body and get rid of bacteria and pathogens.
- Add a teaspoon of honey to a teaspoon of lemon juice and two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and put a little water and drink this mixture after breakfast daily, as this mixture helps to get rid of urinary tract infections and infections.
Methods of treating urinary tract infections
There are some different methods that play an important role in treating the problem of urinary tract infections, and the most important of these methods are:
- The use of antibiotics occurs under the supervision of a doctor that helps to get rid of bacteria and infections that cause urinary tract infections such as amoxicillin, ceftriaxone, cephalexin, trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole, levofloxacin, and other types of antibiotics.
- Use tablets or effervescent tablets that disinfect the urinary tract.
- Drink plenty of water and fluids throughout the day.
- Going to the bathroom when you feel the urge to urinate.
- Eating foods that contain minerals and vitamins that are important to the human body and that work to strengthen immunity and eliminate bacteria that cause urinary tract infections.
- Use a suitable type of lotion for the sensitive area as instructed by your doctor, and it must be fragrance-free.
- Keep the sensitive area clean and dry it, as well as wear cotton underwear only.
Urinary tract infections home treatment
There are some natural or home methods through which the problem of urinary tract infection can be treated, and the most important of these methods are the following:
- Cranberry: Many studies or research have proven that drinking cranberry juice prevents harmful bacteria from sticking to the walls of the urinary tract and expelling them permanently from the body, which leads to its treatment.
- Garlic: Garlic is described as a natural antibiotic as it has many anti-infective properties that help treat the problem of urinary tract infection.
- Probiotics: Where probiotics are found in yogurt and some dairy products, it helps treat urinary tract infections by preventing harmful bacteria from sticking to the walls of the urinary tract, as well as working to reduce the acidity of urine.
- Foods rich in vitamin C: Foods that contain vitamin C form compounds that eliminate harmful bacteria that affect the urinary tract. The most important of these foods are oranges, tangerines, lemons, grapefruit, tomatoes, guavas, and others.
Prevention of urinary tract infections
There are some important tips and instructions that can be followed in order to prevent urinary tract infections, and the most important of these methods are the following:
- Maintain personal hygiene for the sensitive area and dry the area from front to back and not vice versa so that bacteria do not transfer to the urinary system.
- Wear loose cotton underwear and stay away from tight clothes that contain synthetic fibers.
- Do not use products containing aromatic substances on sensitive areas.
- Drink enough water throughout the day.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Dry sensitive areas well when washing them with water.
- Make sure to eat a healthy diet that contains vitamins and minerals, especially those that strengthen immunity such as vitamin C and zinc.
- Avoid stress and tension.
- Entering the bathroom in order to empty the bladder when feeling the urge to urinate, and the bladder must be emptied after intercourse.
In conclusion, we have learned about how to treat a urinary tract infection with honey, and we also talked about the most important information about the problem of urinary tract infections, its causes, and symptoms, as well as the complications it causes and the different ways in which this infection can be treated, as well as how to prevent it and any other information in detail.