Before cupping what do I do? And what are the most important things that should be avoided after that, cupping is one of the ancient therapeutic methods that have proven medical effectiveness and ability to improve the general condition and achieve benefit and relaxation at the same time, and alternative medicine emphasizes the importance of cupping and recommends the need to adhere to the correct procedures before and after it, so before cupping what do I do? The previous question will be answered in this article through a content site, in the coming lines.
What is cupping?
Before answering the question “before cupping, what should I do?” Cupping will be defined , which can be considered an important therapeutic method from alternative medicine methods that have proven effective since long time ago and until these days, cupping is performed by using small glass cups and placing them on the skin after heating it to a degree Acceptable heat, this helps to stimulate blood circulation in the previous area, increases blood flow to it and relaxes muscles and tissues by heat, and all this leads to relaxation of the patient and a feeling of comfort and calm. Cupping also plays an important role in strengthening and revitalizing the immune system, increasing the body’s ability to fight diseases. And various external factors, and it should be noted that cupping has a great impact on the psychological state of the patient, as it is believed that it helps absorb negative energy and remove it from the body after removing the cups from it.
Before cupping, what should I do?
Before cupping, what should I do and what are the most important tips that must be adhered to to obtain the expected benefit, there is a strong correlation between the benefit that is obtained after cupping and the way it is performed, as the person must take into account a set of points before performing cupping, the most important of which are:
- Cleaning the body and taking a shower before cupping for a period of two to three hours, and exposing the skin to water immediately before cupping should be avoided.
- Make sure to perform cupping no less than three hours after his last meal.
- Avoid strenuous physical activity or strenuous exercise to prevent cramping and keep the muscles relaxed.
- Drinking sufficient amounts of water and various natural juices before performing cupping, as this helps prevent vascular disorders associated with cupping, such as low blood pressure, dizziness and lightheadedness.
- Choosing the appropriate timing for cupping, as the person must be in good health and free from various diseases and disorders, especially infectious ones.
- Inform the doctor of the health status in detail to perform cupping appropriate for the person's health and psychological condition.
A prayer before cupping
After answering the question “before cupping, what should I do” will be addressed to the supplication that must be said before cupping to reach a complete recovery from every physical or psychological disease, with God’s permission, as Imam Reza, may God’s peace be upon him, said: “If you want cupping, sit in the hands of the cupping while you are cross-legged, so say In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful, I seek refuge in God the Generous in my cupping from the eye in the blood, and from all evil, illness, disease, ailments and aches, and I ask you for wellness, health and healing from every disease,” as Abu Abdullah, may God’s peace be upon him, said: “If you want cupping and the blood comes out of your cupping Then say before it is emptied while the blood is flowing: In the name of God, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
What are the symptoms after cupping?
In the context of answering a question before cupping, what should I do, a group of symptoms and unwanted effects that may result from cupping and push many to hesitate before doing it, and the most important of these symptoms:
- The color of the skin changed after removing the glasses, turning it into a dark red color.
- The appearance of blue bruises on the skin, as this results from excessive leaving the cups on the skin, and despite its annoying appearance, it disappears without leaving any traces after a few weeks.
- The person felt pain and felt tingling and burning in the place of the glass cups, and it is worth noting that simple pain relievers help to get rid of this pain.
- Low blood pressure due to changes that occur in the blood circulation, so the patient feels lightness in his head, and that he is weak.
- Sweating, which may be profuse and disturbing, and the person may develop some digestive disorders such as nausea and vomiting.
- The patient feels dizzy and dizzy, especially the moment he stands after cupping, and therefore he must sit quietly and cautiously.
- Headache and may turn into a severe headache that prevents the patient from continuing his day normally, but it quickly subsides gradually until it finally disappears.
- Bacterial or viral infection in the event of using contaminated tools without clear sterilization, and it can be said that many cases of hepatitis B have been recorded after cupping.
What should be avoided after cupping?
In the context of answering the question “before cupping, what should I do” a group of wrong actions that should be avoided after cupping will be mentioned due to its negative effects on the body, where a person should avoid the following:
- Sleeping on the reddened area of the skin immediately after cupping, as you must wait two to three hours before that.
- Doing strenuous work that requires a lot of energy to complete or doing strenuous exercise.
- Smoking of all kinds because of its undesirable effects, especially during the first day after cupping.
- Drink alcohol or eat foods that are high in proteins and sugars.
- Practicing intimacy with the husband in the two days following cupping.
- Swimming in salty and hot water, as this causes sensitivity and irritation to the reddened skin after the cupping procedure.
- Being in very cold or very hot places, as it is preferable to stay in a moderate environment with a medium temperature.
- Taking saunas or exposure to hot steam, as this increases the severity of the skin symptoms resulting from the session and slows down the healing process.
- Scratching or rubbing the skin in the previous area may cause deep abrasions or cuts.
- Applying chemicals over reddened skin may cause serious burns or difficult-to-treat skin injuries.
When should you shower after cupping?
Many people wonder about the appropriate time to shower after cupping and the extent of its effect on the skin of the area. It is worth noting that there is no harm in showering after 12 hours of cupping procedure, but it is recommended to use cold water and avoid soap and various lotions, and the use of the loofah that Reddened skin may be damaged by heat and pressure with cupping cups, but from a religious point of view there is a great difference in opinions about the correct time for bathing and whether it is necessary or not. Just without the need to wash the rest of the body.
Here the article ends, as a question was answered before cupping, what should I do, and the following symptoms of cupping and wrong behaviors that should be avoided immediately after cupping were discussed, and finally the appropriate time for showering after cupping was mentioned, and the opinions of different religious sects on that were mentioned.